A hot grill and proper old-fashioned free range dry cured bacon with a large succulent scallop will make this a dish to remember. Great for a quick dinner party starter
- 12 large diver caught King Scallops
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 thin slices Cure & Simple dry cured bacon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 5 tsp clear honey
- 1 tsp chopped capers
- 5 tbsp chopped sage
- 5 tbsp picked thyme
- I tbsp chopped flat parsley
- 4 lemon wedges
- Wash and dry the scallops and put them in a bowl. Mix 2 tbsp of the olive oil, 2 tbsp of the lemon juice and the chopped thyme and sage in a bowl with a little salt and pepper, then pour over the scallops. Leave for 15 mins, until the scallops have turned white.
- Cut each strip of bacon in half across and wrap around a scallop. Secure with cocktail sticks.
- Whisk together the remaining 2 tbsp lemon juice with the mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk in the remaining 6 tbsp olive oil until the dressing is thick, then stir in the capers and parsley.
- Preheat a grill to HOT. Lay the scallops in one layer over a lined grill pan. Grill the scallops for 3-4 mins each side, until the bacon is crisp and golden. Put three scallops on each warmed plate and spoon over the dressing. Serve warm with a wedge of lemon.